Wednesday, April 18, 2007

101 Posts and Eating Strong

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, the loyal reader, for making your way to MikeEatsFood! Post no. 101. It's certainly a milestone, I'll grant myself that. I suppose I should have celebrated yesterday at no. 100, if it hadn't been The Menu, but you can't win 'em all. Or, I can't win 'em all.

Today's call time wasn't all that early--8:00 a.m.--but after driving a cube truck around lower Manhattan (and into a couple standing objects) for three hours, I'd missed my chance at grabbing a morning meal. My own fault, really, and I paid the price: a screaming headache to remind me that caffeine is, yes, necessary for life functions.

And at the end of the day that's the moral of the story and all this celebratory post is going to cover (since tempeh sandwiches are not exactly alluring topics for elaboration.) Which is fitting--101 entries and I'm celebrating by eating everyday food and posting about self-serving bullshit that only serves to further the unnecessary propose of this blog, as Jeanie so dutifully noted yesterday.

Congratulations to me!

2 comments:

JeanieCha! said...

haha. yay!!!! I got a mention!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the milestone - at the rate youre posting you'll be at 1000 in no time